By Travis Pflanz | June 14, 2012 | 0 Comment
The Texas League All-Star game will take place at ONEOK Field in Tulsa on June 28. Six Northwest Arkansas Naturals have bee selected to represent the team.
- SP Justin Marks: 3-2 in 12 starts with a 3.38 ERA, 49 Ks in 61.1 innings with 30 walks.
- RP Patrick Keating: 2-1 with a 3.34 ERA in 21 appearances out of the bullpen, striking out 30 and walking 15 in 29.2 innings.
- SS/2B Christian Colon: The Royals’ 2010 1st round draft pick is .290 batting average, 5 HR, 24 RBI,11 stolen bases in 60 games.
- 1B/DN John Whittleman: Leads Naturals with 32 RBI and leads the Texas League with 51 walks. Whittleman is batting .261 with a .431 on-base percentage and 10 HR in 61 games.
- CF/RF Yem Prades: The Naturals’ leadoff hitter is batting .279 with 33 runs scored and 8 SB in 52 games.
- LF Carlo Testa: Batting .271 with a .371 OBP and 8 HR, 30 RBI in 53 games.
The Texas League All-Star Game will include a home run derby this year, as well as various other skills competitions.
The Texas League All-Star Game has been played for over 70 years, bringing together the best TL baseball players from the season, as chosen by the fans and league associates.
Nice to see Christian Colon making the improvements!